logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Bulk data changes and database commands
KD0PO
#1 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 3:49:33 PM(UTC)
dokxray

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I can not post to the "Bulk data changes and database commands" section of the forum so I'll ask here.

I need to run through my entire log and find every entry where lotw is blank and change it to "R" AND at the same time also take the check out of the box next to sent to lotw.

In the old ST days, I just used Db base to do it, but now a days I don't have a clue! might be a sign of age??? Huh

thanks
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
vk4iu
#2 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 6:55:26 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day,

The great advantage of LOGIc is the ability to do this sort of thing within LOGic.

You have not indicated your skill level with respect to this work. So I will assume you are new at it.

You need to use Tools, Advanced, Database commands and then investigate the menus within - at top left. These menu items allow you to update/replace any field you wish.

But - safety first.

Make sure you backup your log often, and have make sure the backups work, by restoring the data. Your first step should be to exit LOGic and take a complete copy of the LOGic installation. Then make a backup of your log within LOGic - before and after each major step in modifying your log.

The Database commands process uses the same filtering processes as the logform filtering tools. So, first, test the filtering you wish to make with the normal log filtering tools in any logform.

Lastly, check the Help, Advanced Features, Expressions and Functions material to develop a basic understanding.

Then when you get answers on the forum you will be better equipment to understand and make the changes using Database commands.

Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.