logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Get error messages when processing files updated from the internet
W8JY
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 2:14:08 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
After getting LOGic re-installed (and it runs great now!), I have started to update some of the databases.
After successfully updated several (OMISS, GERATOL, etc.), I have encountered problems with two others.

When downloading the FISTS database, then hitting the PROCESS button, I get the following error message:
C\PROGRAM FILES (X86) LOGIC\TMP\ALLFISTS.TXT DOES NOT EXIST

I get a similar message when I download the FCC file.

I have tried creating a file with those names in the LOGIC/TMP directory, but it doesn't help.

I don't mind not having the FISTS file, but the FCC update is one I hate to do without.

Any ideas?

Jess, W8JY
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 7:00:06 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hi Jess:

They work fine here.

The first thing I was going to suggest is to make sure there is a TMP folder inside the LOGic install folder, but it sounds like you did that already.

The ALLFISTS.TXT is the file that LOGic downloads and imports. Creating your own won't work.

Can you see the download progress? Look in the TMP folder during the download and see of you can see the file building there. FCC downloads L_AMAT.ZIP. It is about a 60 mb file and won't download quickly.

Make sure you don't have any internet protection software that is preventing LOGic from accessing the internet. Turn it off temporarily and try it.

Dennis WN4aZY