logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

LOTW Upload Failure
N0AT
#1 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2013 12:48:04 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
When I try to upload my log to LOTW I get the error message: Database Error: BDB0087
If I click on Ignore, Logic9 hangs. If I try to shut down I get Data type mismatch, cannot quit Visual FoxPro. etc.. I have to shut LOGic9 down with the task manager.
After the database error, if I click Cancel, then the upload fails.

All this started when I started two new logs. I get the same error messages when try to upload either of the two new logs. And I get the error messages now on a log that had worked previously.

I tried deleting all the .DBX files in the logdata folder for each of the three callsigns. I also copied my TQSL files into the admin account TQSL directory.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
vk4iu
#2 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2013 5:16:34 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day,

Which version of LOGic? 9.0.???

This all seems related to "the logs" and/or LOTW.

When you say "started two new logs" what do you mean? ... same call? ... different call?

If it is the same call, what has led to the need to start new logs?

When you say you uploaded to LOTW - what if any changes were made to the LOTW security configuration?

Are you using the DATA= directive on the call to LOGic?

When you say you delete the "DBX" files in LOGDATA, I assume you mean the CDX index files? Why do that? Why not use CLEAN?

More information is needed about what you are doing and why?

Peter VK4IU
Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
N0AT
#3 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2013 5:58:43 PM(UTC)

>G'Day,

>Which version of LOGic? 9.0.???

I am using LOGic9 version 9.0.60

>This all seems related to "the logs" and/or LOTW.

>When you say "started two new logs" what do you mean? ... same call? ... different call?

I just got back from a contest DXpedition. I am QSL manager for HC1/N0AT and HC1WDT. I started a new log for each of those two callsigns. My next step was to import the .adi logs and upload to LOTW.

>If it is the same call, what has led to the need to start new logs?

>When you say you uploaded to LOTW - what if any changes were made to the LOTW security configuration?

I don't know what you mean. The only changes I made was to import the two new certs into TQSL.

>Are you using the DATA= directive on the call to LOGic?

Yes, I use the DATA= configuration in the shortcuts to point to the two new logs.

>When you say you delete the "DBX" files in LOGDATA, I assume you mean the CDX index files? Why do that? Why not use CLEAN?

Yes, the CDX files. I also used clean.

>More information is needed about what you are doing and why?

I was able to upload my logs to LOTW by using the adif export function, and then running TQSL. But I'd like to be able to upload my logs from within LOGic.

I think it broke when I copied all the folders and files from C:\users\Ron\AppData\Roaming\TrustedQSL to C:\users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\TrustedQSL. I have to do this because LOGic uses an admin account, and I use a user account. Logic cannot direct TQSL to find the correct (new) certs in the user account.
vk4iu
#4 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2013 7:24:56 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

G'Day,

You are certainly matching what I would expect, doing what your are doing.

I have done what you are describing with multiple call signs - all but the uploads to LOTW.

You need a LOGic shortcut, and a corresponding CLEAN shortcut with the proper DATA directive. Then you do not need to manually delete the CDX files. You can then use LOGic as it was intended.

When you say "LOGic uses an admin account", I assume you are saying you run it "as Administrator". You need to run TSQL "as Administrator" when you first run it - and always run it "as Administrator". Then both programs will be matched and you won't have to muck about with "..\Roaming\.." etc etc.

I battled using an Admin account for months, and then gave up. My best advice is to install Microsoft Security Essentials and keep it up to date, and chnage you account to be an Administrator. But, I understand if you don't want to do that.

I would purge TSQL and the ARRL config, and re install it all "as Administrator". Then start again with uploading within Logic.

I have never done the upload from multiple DATA logs. So I cannot assist in detail.

I will leave any further details of the problem to Dennis.

Peter VK4IU

Peter VK4IU
N0AT
#5 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2013 8:38:04 PM(UTC)

Peter,

Thanks for the suggestion. I backed up the TQSL configuration, uninstalled TQSL, then reinstalled TQSL using the administrator account. I set the shortcut to run as administrator. Now TQSL always runs in administrator mode. And I am able to upload to LOTW again.

All I have left to do is figure out how to set all the LOTW Sent fields to yes for two logs that I manually uploaded to LOTW. There must be some database command to do this.

Ron

Originally Posted by: vk4iu Go to Quoted Post
G'Day,

I have done what you are describing with multiple call signs - all but the uploads to LOTW.

You need a LOGic shortcut, and a corresponding CLEAN shortcut with the proper DATA directive. Then you do not need to manually delete the CDX files. You can then use LOGic as it was intended.

When you say "LOGic uses an admin account", I assume you are saying you run it "as Administrator". You need to run TSQL "as Administrator" when you first run it - and always run it "as Administrator". Then both programs will be matched and you won't have to muck about with "..\Roaming\.." etc etc.

I battled using an Admin account for months, and then gave up. My best advice is to install Microsoft Security Essentials and keep it up to date, and chnage you account to be an Administrator. But, I understand if you don't want to do that.

I would purge TSQL and the ARRL config, and re install it all "as Administrator". Then start again with uploading within Logic.

I have never done the upload from multiple DATA logs. So I cannot assist in detail.

Peter VK4IU

vk4iu
#7 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2013 10:05:37 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

G'Day,

Absolutely there will be a command to set the lotw_sent field. Use Tools, Advanced, Database Commands, and "Use log", then look in the menu Database Files, Mass change, Replace Field Contents, and select LOTW_SENT for the field

The WITH panel type .T.

The Replace only if ...

... you need to find is a "filter" that identifies only the QSOs you want to mark.

So if the logs are a result of a DXpedition - you will know the date and time of the first QSO, and the last QSO.

If you still have the ADIF files you manually uploaded use Notepad to look in the file at the first and last QSO.

In the filter panel use the COUNT button to verify you have the correct filter set.

Before you start and at each step, use the LOGic Backup/Restore tool and take lots of backup - it is very easy to scramble the log if you are not completely confident with the process.

Peter VK4IU
Peter VK4IU
1 user thanked vk4iu for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 12/8/2013(UTC)
N0AT
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 1:06:07 PM(UTC)

Peter,

Since installing TQSL using my administrator account I have run into another problem. My contest logging software fails to upload to LOTW. It tries to use TQSL from my user account; it cannot find any certs or locations. The reason is because TQSL doesn't exist in my user account anymore.

Looking at the TQSL help page, it says: "install TQSL 2.0 not "As Administrator"." I had it correctly installed previously, but LOGic couldn't find it.

So if I install TQSL as administrator, then LOGic is happy; if I install TQSL as a user, then my contest software is happy. Is there any way to make it work both ways?

Ron

Originally Posted by: N0AT Go to Quoted Post
Peter,

Thanks for the suggestion. I backed up the TQSL configuration, uninstalled TQSL, then reinstalled TQSL using the administrator account. I set the shortcut to run as administrator. Now TQSL always runs in administrator mode. And I am able to upload to LOTW again.

All I have left to do is figure out how to set all the LOTW Sent fields to yes for two logs that I manually uploaded to LOTW. There must be some database command to do this.

Ron

Originally Posted by: vk4iu Go to Quoted Post
G'Day,

Peter VK4IU

WN4AZY
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 1:44:01 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Ok, do I understand correctly that you installed LOGic logged in as Administrator? You don't need to do that. Just give Ron admin rights and you should be good. I'm guessing it's not a matter of admin vs not admin, but that some software was installed under one user and some under another user.

I never log in as administrator -- no need since Dennis has admin rights. (I don't remember what would happen if anything if LOGic was installed without admin rights -- just trying to KISS and eliminate UAC errors every time you breathe).

Since Dennis has admin rights, I do not need to run LOGic AS AN ADMINSTRATOR. However, I checkmarked RUN AS ADMINISTRTOR in the compatibility tab of Properties, and it still showed that it was running under user. (Note the option is RUN AS AN ADMINISTRATOR, not RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR).

FYI, LOGic gets the location to run TQSL from the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrustedQSL

According to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256986, this registry key is not on a per-user basis. Yours must have used a different registry key. If you can find it I can make LOGic look in both places. Start with HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\TRUSTEDQSL Use REGEDIT to explore your registry. Type REGEDIT in the Windows start box.

Tnx & 73,

DH
N0AT
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 7:42:29 PM(UTC)

Dennis,

Thanks for your input.

I gave myself admin rights. I then uninstalled TQSL from my administration account. I reinstalled TQSL into my user account. Now LOGic works as expected. I can upload to LOTW just fine.

But I have a different problem with my contest software (WriteLog). When I try to upload to LOTW using TQSL I get a "StartLogExport failed" error. I'll have to check with WriteLog to see what is going on.

I don't have a HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrustedQSL entry in my registry. I have tqslapp and tqslcert in the software list.

In the registry there are references all over the place to TrustedQSL and TQSL. They all seem to point to C:\Program Files (x86)\TrustedQSL\tqsl.exe

Ron