logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

reconcile rejects
KA1J
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 3:00:22 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi, not sure where to put this but this looks right.

Whenever I finish a contest and update the awards tracking I usually get a flock of rejects. Usually it's dealing with counties in Alaska even when entering county info was not part of the contest. What I usually do is go to the flagged Alaskan QSO and then even though there is no county listed on that QSO page, I select counties and go to the top which is blank and that fixes it.

This time I worked the 160M ARRL CW contest this weekend & I used a contesting program, imported the 900 some QSOs into Logic via adif and then did an awards update and there were a bunch of Canadian sections that were flagged as rejects. I missed three of the sections so I don't know if they would have been flagged but what did get flagged are: ONS, GTA and ONE.

According to the ARRL sections list http://www.arrl.org/contest-sections-list ONS is Ontario South, GTA is Greater Toronto Area and ONE is Ontario East.

Not sure what to do about this & how to make a change that will persist with future updates. I downloaded & installed the most recent update and it didn't address this issue. I forget which of the Alaskan ones that were always flagged, Anchorage I think, I've never entered any Alaska counties as I'm not a county hunter.

Gary
KA1J
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 5:17:29 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 400 post(s)
Hi Gary:

Quote:
Whenever I finish a contest and update the awards tracking I usually get a flock of rejects. Usually it's dealing with counties in Alaska even when entering county info was not part of the contest. What I usually do is go to the flagged Alaskan QSO and then even though there is no county listed on that QSO page, I select counties and go to the top which is blank and that fixes it.

LOGic imports county info from the callbooks. Some of the post office data is incorrect. However, it no longer logs county data from the callbook if the state is AK. Don't remember when we fixed this, but it was a while ago.

As for the ARRL sects:

http://hosenose.com/Foru...e-updates.aspx#post2127

http://hosenose.com/Foru...e-updates.aspx#post1722

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY