logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Request for an expression
pa8cw
#1 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2013 10:18:02 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Dear all,

Recently I contacted Dennis on a related issue directly, but I should have started with this Forum; sorry for that.

This is what I am looking for.

Many Hams still prefer a paper QSL confirmation in addition to a confirmation via LoTW.
I want to print "LoTW Tnx" (or a similar text) if the the following condition is met: lotw_rcvd="F" - This works out as follows and works fine:
iif(lotw_rcvd="F", "tnx",""). Yes, a statement such as "---" can be added if the LoTW is still pending, or "pse".

But I thinks its not very practical to add this for every QSO (I have 3 on one label) and it is assumed that if one QSO is confirmed by LoTW, the others (if any)
are also confirmed.

In short, on one label with maximum of 3 QSO's I want to confirm the above (with one line of txt and the expression, on the bottom of the label) if any of the 3 QSO's have been confirmed as received by me via LoTW.
Please note that I have QSO's on one label where the first is not confirmed by LoTW and the second and third are....

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

73, Jan - pa8cw.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
vk4iu
#2 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2013 4:28:38 PM(UTC)
VK4IU

Groups: Moderator, Registered, Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 68 post(s)
G'Day Jan,

I don't have a specific "expression" for you, but I think I can give you some pointers on how to proceed. I print direct to the back of my QSL cards which look like this ...

QSL output

and the report layout looks like this ...

QSL card report

The LOGic report process uses the standard Visual Foxpro process, one common to almost very "relational database" software package - MS Access, FilePro, etc etc.

Thinking of your "label" - it is a detail line, in the jargon of reports. This detail line holding all three of your QSOs, per label.

Detail lines can be grouped, and each group formed into a page, and each, group and page, can have a header and/or footer.

What you need to do, is start with one of the "MULTIPLE QSO" reports and use expressions either in the detail line, or in the group, or the headers or footers or both.

In the "MULTIPLE QSO" reports you will find the "lines" for each QSO are hard coded - have fixed names. So taking a line from my QSL card report, one can code something like ...

iif(empty(qsl_rcvd5),"Pse","")+iif(qsl_rcvd5="F","Tnx","")+iif(qsl_rcvd5="R","Pse","")

You can put such an expression, modified to reference each of the QSO lines, on the bottom of your label, combining the status of all 3 of your QSOs into a single message.

I hope I have understood your post correctly. Thanks for asking the question on the forum - I am certain there will be others who benefit from our work.

Peter VK4IU
You can help by posting images of any errors and including your Logic version.
pa8cw
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:21:51 AM(UTC)

Hi Peter,

Thank for your reply; much appreciated!
Yes, I have been doing just that in a learning-by-doing fashion and I am sure a solution is bound the appear...

The space on my label is limited, and I just want to thank om's for their LoTW confirmation if any of the 3 qso's has been confirmed.
Adding an extra column LoTW or a specification for each contact is a bit "overkill" in my humble view.

What I did not know that VSP follows a sintax like MS Access and I will also take from there.

Thank you again,

73, Jan - pa8cw

PS

It should be something like this:

if lotw_rcd=F and or if lotw_rcvd2=F and or if lotw_rcvd3=F "wanted text on label"
vk4iu
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 5:29:48 AM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

Yes, correct.
Peter VK4IU
pa8cw
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 5:47:52 AM(UTC)

Hi Peter,

There is an easier solution. Should have thought about it much earlier...

In the expression builder:

put the text "this is the text on the label"

put the following condition in the tab "print when"

(lotw_rcvd="F' )or (lotw_rcvd2="F") or (lotw_rcvd3="F")

So if any of the 3 qso's has been confirmed by LoTW, the text will be printed as a courtesy on the label.

73, Jan -pa8cw

vk4iu
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:35:30 AM(UTC)
VK4IU

Man

Well done.

I will add that to my notes.

Peter VK4IU
Peter VK4IU