logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Logic "not responding"
K7UA
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:34:19 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I've started having problems with Logic 9 starting up. During start up the program is "hanging" with the circle curser just running endlessly. I believe this is related to Logic trying to connect to the spotting networks, but I'm not certain about that. If I click on any option within Logic I get a message from Windows7 that the program is not responding. The system has become totally unusable. Only once in dozens of attempts has the program actually started correctly. I'm paralyzed. It won't even run long enough to remove the spotting functions from the views to test my theory. What can I do about it? Thanks, Bryce K7UA
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
K7UA
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:35:36 PM(UTC)

I believe I was having some Internet connectivity problems. It is working ok right now. I am still wondering what I can do if my Internet is down to bypass problems with spots trying to connect without success and hanging up the machine?
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 11:52:00 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Is this DX Summit you are getting your spots from?

Just close the DX Summit window. It will time out eventually and give you control to do this. I'll research controlling the timeout for this. I suspect it is buried in the Internet Explorer settings somewhere.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K7UA
#4 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 4:50:50 PM(UTC)

Dennis,
Thank you. I am using four spotting sources. Two Telnet sources, DX Summit, and DXScape. I'm not certain which one was causing the problem. Maybe I'm silly to be using all of those, but I have done it for years. I thought the issue was over, but I had some more trouble with it later. Also, I was running happily along and entering QSOs. At one point the call book function tried to automatically look up a call that I just entered and I had the same type of thing happen. No response from QRZ.com and it just hung waiting and waiting and waiting.... I would really appreciate finding out where to change the time out length. At this point my system seems to be at what we have in the IBM iSeries world as *NOMAX or what ever is similar in Windows. I have let it go for hours and it never timed out. Once I get in that situation I'm stuck and it pretty much kills my operations. Tnx & 73, Bryce K7UA