logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Spot log stops updating
KA1J
#1 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 2:06:32 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi,

Something I've experienced somewhat frequently is the spot log stops updating. I'll look at the spot log & notice it's the same stations being spotted & realize the time has not moved. Last night I worked T2YY, VK9CZ and A92IO with the last station worked at 02:58Z. Today I looked to see if I could find the VK9 (an ATNO) on another band and nothing showed. I looked back later and realized the last time showing on the spot log was 06:02Z but the current time is 18:42Z. I usually leave Logic running as long as the computer is on and I didn't shut it off last night.

On the infobar at the bottom where you normally see text showing connections to the web cluster flash quickly by, there now is a persistent text stating:
(1 item remaining)Waiting for javascript window("contents")...

Perhaps that has something to do with the problem? I don't know if java is part of Logic's functions. I do have the latest java update installed, I always update that software. The only way I have found to get things going is to close Logic and restart. I'm trying to develop the habit of looking at the spot log time first and compare that to current time to know if I need to close & restart.

Any suggestions?

Gary KA1J

Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
K1ESE
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 12:34:50 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Gary -

Lately I have been using the Webcluster DXSummit form since telnet crashes my system.

I have exactly the same issue with exactly the same error message.

To recover I force a download, but I miss everything in between.

73 de K1ESE
John
k4ydn
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2013 9:33:29 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I had the same problem of the DXcluster not updating after it has been on for a while. I emailed Dennis and he suggested that I use the Telnet form instead of one of the DXcluster forms. I did that and telnet has been running for over 24hrs and is updating my spot log as it should. I hope this helps with some of the updating problems. 73's, Mike, K4YDN