logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Band Data output for Top Ten Switch Box?
G5LP
#1 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 5:02:12 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I wonder if any of those technically equiped amongst us can help this non technically equiped old timer out with some advice please?

I have bought a TopTen Switch Box - should make life a lot easier - just one rf feed cable from the shack to the garage in the garden and one control cable for it then auto switch the rf to the 5 antennas I have. Monband dipoles for 80m, 40m, 30m, then 20/17/15/12/10m on the Opti10-5 and then 6m. The band data info needed is available from the FTdx5K but that connection goes directly to the linear. So I could consider making a very complicated 'Y' splitter lead - sadly above my capabilities these days or perhaps I could sniff the band data from Logic9 - a cursory read through the notes shows me it's there - can anyone confirm that would do the job for me and any guidance as how to do it would be very warmly welcomed.

Cheers and thanks
Lionel
G5LP
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:18:51 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Lionel:

Yes, the operating frequency is availalble to third-party programs, so if you know how to program....

I guess the real question is what is the band decoder looking for? I'm assuming it can read the CAT output from the rig?

Cuuld you just split the RS-232 line going from LOGic to the rig using a cable like this?
http://hosenose.com/stor...mp;PrimaryCatID=46&

Maybe what we need here is what F6DEX calls "Synchro" in TRX-Manager. LOGic would act as a hokey rig that would send the same freq and mode commands out that the radio would. It is on the list.

Tnx & 73,

DH