logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FT-1000D + LOGic 9.0.47 Doesn't Work
KU6J
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 2:30:24 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I have my FT-1000D (firmware rev 6.0) connected to my Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 computer via the W1GEE LCU3-Y1-USB interface that I received from PDA a few days ago. I set the LOGic (v9.0.47) Radio Ifc Radio 1 to "FT 1000 (6.0 or later ROM) (legacy)", Port= COM 3 (confirmed to be the correct port), Baud Rate = 4800 and 2 stop bits as per the FT-1000D manual. DTR and RTS are both checked.

When I click OK, the "CAT System" indicator on the FT-1000D flashes at a rate of about 2 Hz for approximately 14 seconds, then I receive this timeout error message from LOGic:

"A timeout occured {sic} while attempting to communicate with a rig. Make sure rig is turned on and check cabling and setup parameters.

POLLING DISABLED. 0 characters in buffer

11/06/2012 11:12:01"

Thinking that this might have something to do with Windows 7, I created a virgin VMWare virtual machine running Windows XP Professional SP3, installed the W1GEE interface, installed LOGic 9.0.44 from the CD, repeated the test and got the same result. I also tried using the "FT-1000MP (legacy)" selection in both operating systems and got the same results.

I don't think there is any problem with my radio because this very same radio used to work fine with LOGic 5 via the Yaesu FIF-232C interface and a traditional serial port running on NT 4.0. Please tell me how to resolve this problem.

Eric, KU6J
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 9:20:59 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hi--

You need to go thru the troubleshooting tips here:
http://hosenose.com/Foru...ce-troubleshooting.aspx
especially doing the loopback test.

A loopback test will verify that the COM port as well as the level converter is good.

Win 7 is not an issue, unless you are using a USB=>RS232 adapter or some other unit that has incompatible drivers. FTDI-based units work (look in the device manager). Prolific is flaky.

Tnx & 73,

DH