logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Announcements only give first word then stops
N4iQ
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 4, 2012 12:49:40 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

If I go to Spot Log then to the Announcement Tab and then click Test I only get the first word of the test announcement and then the announcement stops. If I then click on Test again, the test announcement does not play at all, but if I instead click on the stop/clear button and then click on Test again, the first word plays again. In no case does a complete test announcement occur.

If I clear the que (stop/clear button) and then immediately go to the Spots tab, the same thing happens with normal spotting: the first word will announce and then the no more audio from any subsequent announcements.

This occurs with the cw announcement as well. When in the Spots tab, only the first word spot or dxcc is sent (if the que is previously cleared) and then the rest of the info is truncated. All subsequent announcements do not work.

I suspect I probably have something set up wrong, but I cannot figure it out. Any suggestions?????
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2012 8:56:45 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hi--

I believe this is a Win XP issue. Are you running XP? We are looking into it, and will probably end up writing a new driver or putting the LOGIc 8 driver back for XP folks.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N4iQ
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2012 12:28:11 PM(UTC)

Dennis - Yes - I am using XP Pro for the operating system. Thanks for your reply. Bill N4iQ

I believe this is a Win XP issue. Are you running XP? We are looking into it, and will probably end up writing a new driver or putting the LOGIc 8 driver back for XP folks.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY[/quote]
W8OI
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:00:57 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am having a somewhat similar problem. I use LOGic in the basement ham shack on a Windows 7 system to control my rig, but I also installed it upstairs so I could hear the spots being announced while in the living area of the house. The upstairs computer runs XP. When I upgraded that XP from LOGic 8 to LOGic 9 just yesterday, I noticed that I get just the first word of a spot announcement when using the FEMALE voice. It seems to be okay when useing the male voice, except that the male voice doesn't have enough volume.

Garry, W8OI
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:53:38 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
That's interesting that the Male voice works. Thanks for the tip! You solved the problem!!! I guess there is something wierd about the old .WAV files that Fe did YEARS ago that .NET/XP doesn't like.

Does the independent volume work on XP?

Tnx/73,

Dennis WN4AZY
W8OI
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:57:22 PM(UTC)

Dennis, sorry but I threw you a cureve ball. I thought the male voice was okay because when I punched "test" it sounded fine. But I see that it does not work when actually announcing a spot. Only the first word is audible.
I just hear a couple of clicks after that first word. Sorry to have given you bad input.

Garry, W8OI
W8OI
#8 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 2:38:55 PM(UTC)

Anything new on solving this problem?