logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7800 AND LOGIC 9 NO FUN
NE0S
#1 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 10:39:58 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

I WAS WORKING BEAUTIFULLY AS TO ALL INTERFACES ON LOGIC 8. SINCE I HAVE INSTALLED 9 I CAN'T SEEM TO KEEP A FRQUENCY READING MORE THAT A SECOND, AND HAVE NO RIG CONTROL.I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE LATEST FIXES AND NO HELP. HELP!! W00J
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
NA5Q
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 1:00:43 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have the same problem using an Icom 7700 with Micro KeyerII interface. Had no problems with Logic 8.
WN4AZY
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2012 7:52:03 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
W0OJ: Well I know that the 7800 with the new ROM works -- reads splits and all. What sort of hardware interface do you have?

Both: Also, check that polling is OFF, or if you need polling, that it is set to something not too short. Start with 2 seconds. Also try changing stop bit settings.

If LOGic 8 worked, the LEGACY drivers in LOGic 9 should work too. They are provided to support rigs that do not yet have drivers written in the new platform, but looks like they may solve compatibility issues too.

I don't know if this is helpful or not:
http://hosenose.com/Foru...st262_FTDI-drivers.aspx

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N6FM
#4 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2012 10:24:47 PM(UTC)

I'm having to use the legacy driver (thanks for including that!) on a 756 PRO. The new 756 PRO driver (configured identically) causes the program to crash with no error than " has experienced an internal error"
or words close to that. Tried other drivers and none worked. To regain control of the program I had to edit RADIO9.INI and return radio 1 to stock (no radio). Best case scenario was that with RTS turned off the program could see the radio but not control it. I am using a SIIG 4 port serial card (there are two of them in my computer and they have been working for years) with the serial to ICOM cable purchased from Hosenose back in the day of Logic 5.

The legacy appears to work fine.

Ben N6FM

Further:

Thought I'd try Omni-rig. Well, that didn't work either in that it took several seconds to change frequency and it always put me on CW-reverse or RTTY-reverse. Back to the tried and true legacy 756 driver. that one works.

Originally Posted by: WN4AZY Go to Quoted Post
W0OJ: Well I know that the 7800 with the new ROM works -- reads splits and all. What sort of hardware interface do you have?

Both: Also, check that polling is OFF, or if you need polling, that it is set to something not too short. Start with 2 seconds. Also try changing stop bit settings.

If LOGic 8 worked, the LEGACY drivers in LOGic 9 should work too. They are provided to support rigs that do not yet have drivers written in the new platform, but looks like they may solve compatibility issues too.

I don't know if this is helpful or not:
http://hosenose.com/Foru...st262_FTDI-drivers.aspx

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
WN4AZY
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:07:58 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
It's looking like some windows/COM port compatibility issues. I got a call from someone else with an internal COM port card with exactly the same issues -- need to use Legacy drivers, no rig control when he uses new drivers.

He gets the problem even when using COM1 on his motherboard, and not using the card. He is going to try removing the card altogether and see what happens.

OmniRig not working also points to hardware issues.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis