logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FFMA Award, Progress and Reports
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2023 2:23:41 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
I'm actively in the FFMA chase, that said when I try to use Progress and select FFMA nothing shows, if I select Grid it displays correctly (of course progress for all bands). When you run an awards report and select FFMA, you have to specify the band to be 6m or else you'll get FFMA status for any/all bands. FFMA is a 6m award and doesn't apply to any other band. Funny I never reported this before but I was trying to set Progress 2 to FFMA but it didnt show anything, leaving it set to Grid it displays but of course it shows all grids worked by band and not just the 488 grids on the 6m band.

Would be nice to have the FFMA Progress window be able to show progress for the 488 grids on 6m only. At least the reports can be filtered by band/mode which I can easily live with.

Thanks for any consideration !!

Brad, K8ZM
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2023 8:09:38 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hi--

Exactly which awards report are you using? The regular old AWARDS report?

The expression for FFMA (a calculated field) excludes all non-6M.

BAND="6M" AND LEN(ALLTRIM(GRID))>=4

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K8ZM
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2023 9:01:21 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Hi Dennis, hope your all well !!

Ok, so, I have two things;

1) Using the Awards Progress Display 2 and selecting the FFMA sub-award displays no results at all.
2) Running the AWARDS report, if you select the sub-award FFMA it includes results for all bands, not just 6m, so you have to filter it for only 6m. If that sub-award is supposed to exclude all but the 6m band its not. Maybe that report is out-of-date on my system.

Thanks,
Brad K8ZM
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2023 4:34:35 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Quote:
1) Using the Awards Progress Display 2 and selecting the FFMA sub-award displays no results at all.
I am seeing this also. Navigating to a 6-meter QSO with GRID logged does not update the display. That is a problem. However, you can manually pick the Grid in question from the dropdown on Progress Display 2. That works.

Quote:
2) Running the AWARDS report, if you select the sub-award FFMA it includes results for all bands, not just 6m, so you have to filter it for only 6m. If that sub-award is supposed to exclude all but the 6m band its not. Maybe that report is out-of-date on my system.
Not seeing that at all. I just run the Awards report, select FFMA and nothing else, and I get FFMA-eligible QSOs only. Print Unworked Entities works too.

On my copy, the FFMA award is disabled by default. Be sure to enable it, then do UPDATE AWARDS PROGRESS INFO.

I'll look into the refresh problem with #1. Let me know if FFMA is enabled.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K8ZM
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2023 5:39:27 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

1) ok, yes. I reverted to just leaving display 2 set to Grid and look at the 6m column. I sorta know if the station is in one of the 488 grids. Dont knock yourself out, the fix could be whenever.
2) So yes FFMA was enabled and in Awards Tracking its checkmarked to track awards for this field, but not sure if the expression for the calculated field in Awards Tracking and Spotting is right, its "LEFTDELIM(GRID,4","), the Filter looks right "BAND="6M" AND LEN(ALLTRIM(GRID))>=4". Funny, now that I think about it I have never seen any spots with sub-award FFMA. Confused

Brad

Just to be sure i'm not missing something here is pic.
File Attachment(s):
Awards-FFMA-1.jpg (113kb) downloaded 20 time(s).
K8ZM
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2024 7:53:50 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Hi Dennis, hope all is well !!

Running LOGic v10.0.26 - Still an issue with having to filter the FFMA Awards report to get results for ONLY 6m. If the band selection is left blank it returns ANY band, see attached.

The FFMA award is enabled and I'm running the native Awards Report, also attached is a screen shot of the calculated field expression.

Any ideas ??

Second issue not as pressing is the "print unworked entities" checkbox. If checked it works fine for the first report. If you print a second report immediately after the first, that checkbox remains checked and clearing the checkbox then printing still prints the unworked entities. You have to clear the checkbox then get out of that screen (either by "Next" or "Previous") then get back into the same screen before it will remember the checkbox was cleared. Its like it remembers it was checked initially but won't clear the checkbox when the report closes

Thanks,
Brad K8ZM
File Attachment(s):
Awards-FFMA.png (475kb) downloaded 9 time(s).
AwardsTrackingSpotting-FFMA-.png (34kb) downloaded 9 time(s).
WN4AZY
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2024 3:31:10 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks for bumping this. Next on my list.

DH
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
K8ZM on 1/26/2024(UTC)