logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DYMO QSO LABEL TYPE SIZE TOO SMALL
K7PDW
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2022 9:00:17 PM(UTC)
DAVE

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Can someone help me resize an existing QSL label or create from scratch a new one? I have a Dymo LabelWriter 450. I've been using the Dymo Label #30252 (1 1/8 x 3 1/2 inch). I've received several complaints about how small the print is on this label. I've been using the QSO report that is provided with LOGic 10 (DYMO QSO LABEL). I would like to go to Dymo Label #30256 (2 5/16 x 4 inch). I have been able to make some limitd changes to the DYMO QSL LABEL report format provided, but the type face remains very small. I've attempted to increase font, but I cannot increase the size sufficiently without having problems such as the year printing out as 3 stars.

The folks at the ARRL outgoing bureau have suggested 12 point type as a minimum.

I've tried to figure out how to increase the DYMO QSO LABEL size to match the larger label #30256, but have been unable to figure out how to do that. That would be the easiest thing for me to do. From there I know how to move the things around and change the font size.

If that is not possible, I would like to create a new report specifically for the larger Dymo Label #30256. I would also like to be able to report more than 3 QSOs per label. Even at 12 point font I think it would handle five QSOs. I like the DYMO QSL LABEL format but I am not tied to it.
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2022 3:30:46 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi--

Here is how to change the form size:
https://www.hosenose.com...port-modifications.aspx

Just change the size of the detail band.

The font IS small -- 8 point. This label supports up to three QSOs per label, so there isn't a lot of room to go bigger. You COULD make it 2 QSOs. Then you could probably go with 10 pt.

Let me know if any questions.

Tnx/73.

DH