logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Need Help with SKCC Report
N7TB
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 27, 2021 5:38:39 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My Log has a checkbox for a Straight Key. I also show the SKCC number of the contact I make with the straight key.

I have many contacts going toward SKCC AWARDS, but I cannot seem to figure out how to print out a listing of the Date, time, band, frequency, station call, etc, I have worked with a straight key, and their SKCC number.

I could use some detailed help with this. I have never understood very well the report generation part of Logic. I try to use the DXCC report and a box comes up with a very cryptic box asking for input. If it isn't what the program wants, the program locks up. VERY FRUSTRATING to say the least.

Thanks for any help someone could provide.

Terry
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 27, 2021 7:23:52 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Terry--

This is a lot easier than it may appear.

Run either the Awards report or the Log report.

The Awards report will report one unique QSO with each SKCC# you have worked. Simply select SKCC# on the first dialog.

The Log report will print ALL QSOs with an SKCC#. In the first dialog, in the first field, enter

SKCC#:

This causes the report to create a column for SKCC#. If you proceed to run it without doing anything further, it will print all QSOs. That's not what you want, so when you get to the final screen with the big Select Criteria field at the top, click the funnel button to the right. Scroll down to [user] SKCC
Checkmark NOT, and select EMPTY from the dropdown list.

Quote:
I try to use the DXCC report and a box comes up with a very cryptic box asking for input. If it isn't what the program wants, the program locks up. VERY FRUSTRATING to say the least.
What is the exact name of the report you are using? LOGic does not have a DXCC report per se. You would use the Awards report and others to track DXCC. It shouldn't be locking up obviously.

Let me know if any questions.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
N7TB
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 27, 2021 8:52:33 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Dennis,

OK here are my keystrokes and results.

I click on Reports, then on Awards.

Report Menu has a window that starts with 1010. There is no SKCC choice. There is a Category box that is greyed out. There is a description area that is greyed out. My only choices are Change folder and manage report files.

I have no idea what to do.

Can you give me a keystroke by keystroke description of how to print the SKCC report that shows all the contacts that I used a straight key, and lists the contact and skcc numbers of the contact?

Thanks!

Terry
W5GA
#5 Posted : Monday, June 28, 2021 5:53:17 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 97 post(s)
Hi Terry - once the awards window opens (the one showing 10-10), you must select a report to run, select it by clicking on it. For example, click on awards, and then click on ok. In the next window, you'll see various awards to get a report on. Say you wanted run a Worked All States report, you would now select "state" by clicking on it, and then click on OK again.

Hope this helps

73 Doug W5GA
1 user thanked W5GA for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 6/29/2021(UTC)
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2021 8:48:20 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Originally Posted by: N7TB Go to Quoted Post
Report Menu has a window that starts with 1010. There is no SKCC choice.
OK, for the awards report, I am seeing the same thing....

Go to tools/Setup/log fields. Navigate to SKCC#. Make sure ENABLED is checked on the first tab. On the second tab, make sure TRACK AWARDS FOR THIS FIELD is checked.

This is optional, but since you are tracking SKCC#, you probably want to do this. On the MEMBERSHIPS tab, make sure MEMBERSHIP is checked.

On the ADIF tab, make sure IMPORT is checked. This will cause imported data to have SKCC# looked up, and cause FIX QSO in the log form to look up SKCC#.

Let me know if any questions.

Quote:
Can you give me a keystroke by keystroke description of how to print the SKCC report that shows all the contacts that I used a straight key, and lists the contact and skcc numbers of the contact?
Assuming you logged SKCC# and that is the trigger for causing the QSO to print on the report, you will want to use the LOG report. (The LOG report will print all QSOs with SKCC#. The AWARDS report will inly print one QSO per SKCC#.) Click Reports/Log and select the LOG report.

In the first dialog, in the first field (USER-SELECTABLE FIELD), enter

SKCC#:

This causes the report to create a column for SKCC#. The next dialog is SELECT ORDER. Self-explanatory. Usually you will want CALL or CHRON (chronological).

Click OK. Click the funnel button to the right of the big SELECT CRITERIA field. Scroll down to [user] SKCC
Checkmark NOT, and select EMPTY from the dropdown list.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY