logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Global QSL
N5XZ
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 10:36:36 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Beta Testers

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Dennis,

I just received a batch of cards from the bureau. I would like to upload return cards to GQSL. Any updates on when that will be operational?
73, Allen N5XZ
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
wa4pgm
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 6:24:06 PM(UTC)
kchavis

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Are you receiving cards from Global QSL. A local QSL Bureau manager says they haven't gotten anything since 2018 and others on Eham are no so happy with the service.
https://www.eham.net/reviews/view-product?id=6608

Just curious,
Kyle
1 user thanked wa4pgm for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 1/29/2021(UTC)
N5XZ
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 7:23:13 PM(UTC)

Well, what a damn shame. I will also try to contact them. Seems like I got one in my last shipment, but it was only about 100 cards.
73, Allen N5XZ
WN4AZY
#4 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2021 8:53:41 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Allen--

I am still working on that. But now is a good time to discuss this. Assuming you want to go ahead with GQSL.

I am trying to come up with a more generic solution rather than having to reinvent the wheel like I did for LoTW, etc. I would appreciate your thoughts.

As I see it, GQSL is not really like LoTW, eQSL, or Clublog. With LoTW, eQSL, or Clublog, you want to upload all of your Qs there, keep track of which have been sent, an not upload the ones that have already been sent.

GQSL is more like sending cards the conventional way. So conceptually, you would check in the cards you received via the bureau, mark QSL SENT as Requested, and enter GQSL (instead of BURU) in VIA.

Now, you want to run a "report" to "print" the cards. Actually, the "report" would make an ADIF file. After you are satisfied the ADIF file is OK, then you would want to change all of the QSL Sent Requested's to Fulfilled.

Does this about cover it? It would actually be pretty easy to do this in LOGic as it stands. However, it would not be much work for me to do a little programming to automate things.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY

N5XZ
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2021 10:27:21 PM(UTC)

Dennis, that about sums it up. Yes. I hope they are actually still in business. I am not sure what is going on. If they are no longer active, it would be a huge shame.

I used to talk to the guy alot. Now, no response. Let me try again...
73, Allen N5XZ
1 user thanked N5XZ for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 2/3/2021(UTC)
N5XZ
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2021 4:33:21 AM(UTC)

An email sent to 4X6MI bounced and I get no answers from messages sent from within the site, so I guess you should abandon the project for now. What a shame. Does anybody else have any intel on GQSL or 4X6MI?
73, Allen N5XZ
1 user thanked N5XZ for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 2/3/2021(UTC)
K8ZM
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2021 9:45:49 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
A quick google search and this from a QRZ.com forum last Dec;

GlobalQSL is definitely still active. Azar is, admittedly, poor with responding to email however. His business partner, 4X6UU (now SK), handled that end of the business, so things are "hit or miss" now.
As mentioned previously though, QDure is a viable option. I use them both. With QDure however, there is a 100 card minimum charge (i.e., it costs the same to send 1 card or 100 cards).

It appears that most users have not received cards in years so they seem to be migrating to this QDure service. GQSL while a great idea appears that its not supported and riddled with inconsistent service. Website was back up Dec2020 but most of the links didn't work and the web content hadn't been updated in years. FWIW it appears these services have seen their day, might be time to move on, it is a "shame".

73 de Brad, N8GLS
1 user thanked K8ZM for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 2/3/2021(UTC)