logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

LOGic freeze when Spot Log data internet connection lost
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2020 9:55:51 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
My internet service provider has had issues with intermittent connections for months and it doesn't appear to be getting resolved anytime soon. Basically my internet connection gets dropped multiple times a day for short durations, maybe a couple to 5 minutes. Problem is when this happens LOGic freezes as its trying to grab the data and its not there. Can LOGic handle this in a different way so its not stuck in a "not responding" mode ?? Its becoming an issue when in the middle of a digital QSO and the connection gets dropped.

A similar situation occurs when rig communication is interrupted or lost, LOGic kind of hangs in a "not responding" state.

Thanks,

73 de Brad, N8GLS
Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 8:14:31 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Hi Brad:

Sorry for the problem. Where is LOGic trying to grab data from? I can see if the timeout can be adjusted.

Which rig are you using?

Hope you had a good 4th.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
K8ZM
#3 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 11:07:55 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Hey Dennis !!

4th was good, a nice time to reflect back to the days when things were not as convoluted. Anyways, hope yours was also good !!

Sorry for the delay but had to get the internet/cable issues fixed. Ultimately replaced the Cable Modem and WiFi Router, also changed plans and now have 3x faster internet speed.....even saved money...all in all a good day !!

I have the spot log looking at DX Summit, both the spot log and the band map are running concurrently. The rigs are all Icom, 7610, 7300 and 9700, also running are (3) instances of Win4IcomSuites (1 each rig), (2) instances of WSJT-X, and (1) instance of GridTracker. What happens is if I lose the connection to the internet, LOGic will freeze. If I dont touch it at all and just let it sit till the internet connection comes back, all returns to "normal". If I mouse click anywhere in LOGic's desktop while no internet access is available then at the very top left corner where tiny Hosenose and the text LOGic 9 is it says "Not Responding" to the right of LOCic 9. Sometimes if the internet comes back it will clear and all is good, but not every time. Not touching anything when not internet connected is the best scenario. If in the middle of a QSO it will lock-up, then have to clean and re-launch.

This is similar to what happens if a rig connection gets lost, LOGic will start complaining and throw errors. Not sure if LOGic can somehow "ride thru" a lost rig or internet connection without throwing errors or freezing. This is a very minor issue only recently "elevated" due to my ISP and/or possibly my "old" hardware. It did make me think what could happen though during a contest and how it could be a painful experience.

Anyways, thanks for thinking on it !!

Brad, N8GLS