logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Old PC Win 10 Home -to- New PC Win 10 Pro
K8ZM
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 1:12:47 AM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Going from Win10 Home (Version 1909, Build 18363.778) to Win10Pro (Version 1909, Build 18363.815) via a new PC. The "old" Home PC still functional and has all the data available.

I would like to copy the LOGic folder to the new PC then install LOGic over top but don't think I can do that so was going to install the last subscription renewal on the new PC, update to the current version, export the "old" log then import onto the new PC but am concerned I'll lose some data. My heavily customized logforms and reports I think can be copied over without any issues as long as the user defined fields are there, the prefix table has had some changes over the years and think those may be lost in the process.

Is a copy to the new PC and install over top workable or will I need to start almost from scratch ?? There are some benefits to a clean install, but a ton of work to get to what it was, but if the best way then as I'm still "sheltering in-place" it will keep me busy.

Comments appreciated before I hit the button....

Thanks,

Brad

Sponsor
Note: We receive a commission from Amazon when you purchase via this link. It does not affect your cost. Thank you!
WN4AZY
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 7:25:09 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators, Beta Testers
Man

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 399 post(s)
I think this is what you need:

http://hosenose.com/Foru...es-I-made-to-LOGic.aspx

Just copy the LOGic folder, then install the latest update on the new computer on top of what you copied.

Let me know.

Tnx & 73,

Dennis WN4AZY
1 user thanked WN4AZY for this useful post.
K8ZM on 4/23/2020(UTC)
K8ZM
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2020 10:16:31 PM(UTC)
bwilliams

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Thanks for the "refresher" tips on the "old to New PC".

1st.....everything got transferred without any LOGic issues !!

2nd.....It didnt matter as after two days of installing software and getting everything transferred plus the addition of a 2nd 4k monitor the new PC (Dell i9700 3Ghz) with an nVidea GTX 1660 Ti graphics card had more fan noise than a jet engine so boxed it back up for return (yes even after updating the Bios which was supposed to resolve that issue....HA). Being this is the 4th (yes, FOURTH) Dell PC bought and returned in as many weeks think I'm done with the brand. Now, what to buy...…

Thanks for the help !!

Brad
1 user thanked K8ZM for this useful post.
WN4AZY on 4/29/2020(UTC)